Sunday, July 17, 2011

Time Travel

Immer habe ich Käse in meiner Hose.1

Max, I agree that planking and owling are both good activity ideas. I think we should try to get as many people to plank or owl in one place at one time. Usually, people make Facebook event pages for things like that, but with our rules situation, that might be hard. Let's think about that.

Additionally, I'm not opposed to things like a new banner or an obscure puzzle. I thought it was funny that you said "an obscure puzzle for you to beat"; I think you would deserve one, too.

I don't dislike your ideas. However, I am opposed to your new German blog post:
"Ich habe nicht 'Harry Potter und die Heiligtuemer des Todes - Teil 2' sehen [sic], aber ich hoere, dass es gut ist. Ich finde Harry Potter einen verruekt [sic] Film."2

Transition, transition. . . . In the third Harry Potter book, Harry and Hermione used a Time-Turner. They only went back in time three hours, and their goal was to change the past for the better. Sometimes I think about what era I'd like to go back to if I could travel in time -- not to change anything, just to experience it.

Usually, I think about eras like the Roman Republic and the American Revolution, but then I remember the issues of hygiene and technology. Usually, I settle on the 1960s. It was a decade of social progress, tragic losses, and political change. The Cold War was in full swing, which reminds me that jazz was also in full swing (ha).

But let's listen to what John Green says:
"Why would anyone want to live in a period other than this one? Like, I acknowledge that Rome was fantastic and everything, but a nerd with four days on his hands can recreate Rome in its entirety in Minecraft."
I think I'd like to stay in the 1960s for a few days and then take off. A looming World War III would not have been very fun every day, and I can always appreciate the decade at a safe distance by listening to Tom Lehrer:


In what era would YOU like to spend a few days? Leave your answers in comments, or if you're Max, leave your answer in your next post.

1I always have cheese in my pants.
2"I have not seen 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2,' but I hear that it's good. I find Harry Potter a crazy film."

1 comment:

  1. maaakesmewanttoplayminecraft. i won't, though. tetris is bad enough. capitalization. lazy pinkies.

    ReplyDelete