Saturday, July 9, 2011

Leave Questions for Me in Comments (or Elsewhere)

Max, it's July 9, 2011, and you know what that means. It's the 143rd anniversary of the day the Fourteenth Amendment was ratified! Let's hear it for due process!

Today's post is in six parts.

Part One: Question Monday

Next Monday is my Monday, and it's going to be another Question Monday. I only have so many questions left over from last Question Monday, and I don't want to do any physics, so . . .

Send me your questions in comments or some other way. (Facebook works well.)

Part Two: Planking

Max, your post yesterday was excellent. Why isn't that picture on Facebook yet?

I'd heard of planking and seen examples of it before your post, but it definitely wasn't in the front part of my brain until yesterday. Thanks for reminding me of the activity! We should do this sometime. With lots of people. In public. For pictures. That's a lot of prepositional phrases.

Part Three: Yes, it was a joke.

Good observations, Max. I actually think that most people underestimate the power of contractions.

Part Four: Baby Rabbit


Part Five: Yay!

I finished Brave New World! In effect, I think that I learned a lot, and I'm going to like AP Lit. Also, I finished my German blogs! I didn't even procrastinate that much. Yay!

Part Six: Books

In addition to my required books for summer work, I have a reading list. I needed to write these books down somewhere so that I could remember them, and this is as good a place as any! There are five of them.

  • The Martian Chronicles (almost finished with this one)
  • Will Grayson, Will Grayson
  • The Great Gatsby
  • The Catcher in the Rye
  • The Hunger Games
Why here? Two reasons. First, now that my reading goals are public, I feel more obligated to complete them. Second, Max, I think you should read something with me. Sort of like the Brotherhood 2.0 Book Club, except not. The TPA Book Club. You don't haaave to, but it would be fun if we could both read one of these books and maybe blog about them. Promotion of literature! If you want something lighter, I would choose either the second one or the fifth one.

It's totally worth a shot, right?

Bonus Part: I Forgot About This

It's time for a new poll! Here are the results of the last one. I saved the picture in case Max needs it:


The new poll is in honor of Max's favorite thing in the world.

3 comments:

  1. I saw a baby raccoon today. It was cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great gatsby is actually quite good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Due process? Come on, the real impact of the 14th Amendment was definitely the idea of selective incorporation. Silly Bryan.

    ReplyDelete