Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Dog Days are Over - Florence and the Machine

Howdy, Bryan, I am still on my secret mission, but I decided that I could still effectively type a Top Ten Tuesday.  Therefore, the dog days are over.  I know that this did not come in second place, but I think that you will all find this post very enjoyable.

Therefore, without further ado, here are my top ten stupid laws.

Bryan, In Myrtle Creek, Oregon, you cannot box with a kangaroo.  That is correct everyone.  Bryan cannot take his pet kangaroo to Myrtle Creek and engage in their favorite sport together.  I am sorry to break it to you.

In Nashville, Tennessee, you must be 18 years of age to play pinball.  Bryan, I think one of our challenges should be a game of pinball in Nashville, Tennessee.  Oh wait, I would win by default.  Do you accept?

Alaska has a strange law (shocker).  In Alaska, you may not wake up a slumbering bear to take its picture.  This begs the question, Bryan, why would anyone want to wake up a sleeping bear?  Are they suicidal or just uninformed?

There is to be no whaling in Oklahoma.  Bryan, I suppose this means that you cannot go to zoo and ride the whales, but I really have no clue why this would be illegal.  I often fancy heading to the zoo to swim with the Orcas.  Do not try that at home; the orca will die on land.

This one will tickle your own fancy Bryan.  It was proposed in 1897 that, in the state of Indiana, the exact value of Pi would be three.  It actually passed in the House, but it remains indefinitely postponed in the Senate.

Okay, so apparently it is against the law to pronounce “Arkansas” incorrectly while in the state of Arkansas.  Apparently, they secretly do not want anyone to know that it is actually pronounced “Our Kansas.”  Yeah, I said it.  We shall now all practice saying Arkansas.  Did you do it?

For everyone who drives, be aware that should you ever venture to Illinois, you must drive your car using the steering wheel.  Leave your rudders at home.  I would not want them to tempt you to turn with them.

Bryan, I actually see the point to this law, but it is still so strange.  In Kentucky, every person must take a bath at least once a year.  I bet some groups have annual gatherings to make sure that they actually fulfill this civic duty.

Outside of the United States, way off in Singapore, it is illegal to chew gum.  Bryan, are you aware that should our school suddenly transport to Singapore, with no previous knowledge of it happening, that four fifths of our school would end up in jail?

For my final law, I must admit, this one really baffles me.  In Virginia, chickens must lay any and all eggs between 8AM and 4PM.  Bryan, it only baffles me as to how they check.  Do they have surveillance cameras in every chicken coop?

Bryan, I doubt that they actually enforce the majority of these laws, but in case you ever do happen upon any of these locations, you have been warned.

Until Thursday Bryan,
Can you hear the horses, because here they come.

1 comment: