Monday, July 11, 2011

Question Monday II

I'm going to start this Question Monday with a couple of Max's questions.

"Do you remember when you mocked me because I had to edit my post earlier in our blogs because I forgot to include the poll results?"
TPA-Flashback!
"This will be the second Saturday of TPA in which the poster actually remembers to start a new poll without editing his post!"
Yes, I do remember that. Except I was also mocking myself, another person who usually forgets to include poll results.
"I think I know how you feel when people go all Harry Potter on you."
"How so?"
See, you just wrote a post about Spyro: Ripto's Rage, which is foreign to most of us. When I write about Harry Potter, it's foreign to you! Unfortunately for you, the final movie is coming out in less than four days, and you're going to be hearing about it.
"Who won this year's DCI competition, out of curiosity?"
Hahaha. I don't remember.
Carolina Crown got second, and I know that because they were our "host team" or something. Also, as I already said, Madison Scouts got third, so I was really excited.
If I had to guess, I think it was the Blue Stars.
"Due process? Come on, the real impact of the 14th Amendment was definitely the idea of selective incorporation. Silly Bryan."
Not really a question, but I can do this.
I concede that due process is the topic of just one of the clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment. However, I wasn't necessarily going for the largest impact of the amendment. You could just as easily have said, "Come on, the main purpose of the 14th Amendment was black citizenship."
I maintain that there is no single correct way to celebrate the Fourteenth Amendment. I think we can all agree that it's a good one overall.
"What do you do to fall asleep when you realize that just laying there isn't working?"
First, I'll tell you what I do not do: count sheep. I find that thinking too much is the main obstacle to falling asleep, and counting makes me think of things.
Usually I just try to imagine an infinite area of nothing. Suspension in a pool of space.
"(If it doesn't bother Max), what do you think your Animagus form would be? And/or, what about your patronus?"
I would probably take the McGonagall route and transform into a cat. They're lovable and apathetic!
As for my patronus, it's hard to say, really. Maybe some kind of a bird. I guess you don't really find out until you cast the spell.
Sorry, Max. Harry Potter is a very important topic this week. Most of our followers are fans of the series, I would say, and I strongly recommend you to join us!

Also, are you going to read a book with me? I just finished The Martian Chronicles, so probably not that one.

3 comments:

  1. I want to know who came up with the counting sheep thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counting_sheep

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bryan, no, I will not read with you. Sorry, I'm commenting it because tomorrow is Not Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete