From May 28, 2011, through their own graduation in 2012, Max Browning and Bryan Rainey will post entries on “Two Planes in the Asymptote” every other day, alternating days. Modeled after Hank and John Green’s Brotherhood 2.0 project of 2007, this blog will be the only means of Internet communication between Max and Bryan during their senior year. To ensure orderly entertainment, “Two Planes in the Asymptote” has the following set of rules:
- On May 28, 2011, Bryan will post his first blog entry. The next day, Max will post his first entry, and they will continue to alternate days until their senior graduation. If either blogger is without Internet access on a day assigned to him, he may compose the post in advance and ask a relative or close friend to publish it under his name.
- Blog posts may consist of a maximum of 200π words, rounded down to 628 words. Pictures will count as 50 words, and any other multimedia such as music or video will count as 150 words. Pictures, music, and video must be embedded in the posts -- in other words, no linking. Only the bodies of posts are subject to the word limit.
- With the exception of this blog and school-related projects, Max and Bryan may not communicate with one another on the Internet. Internet communication includes -- but is not limited to -- all aspects of instant messaging, e-mail, and Facebook. Liking, commenting, messaging, poking, chatting and tagging are examples of communication on Facebook.
- Max and Bryan may issue each other challenges. If the other blogger accepts the challenge, they will compete for the winning title. Challenges based on subjectivity will require audience polling, which will be open for twenty-four hours.
- If either Max or Bryan fails to follow the above rules or loses a challenge, the other blogger is required to punish the offender or loser. Punishments can be anything from an obligatory blog prompt to videotaped physical discomfort. To prevent bloodshed, two appointed persons will have the veto power: Ben Susemichel for Max and Jacob Pollard for Bryan.