Thursday, July 21, 2011

Max and I have something in common.

We both have astigmatism! It's so exciting! Max, I feel like your diagram of astigmatism is going to confuse people who are scientifically challenged. Regardless, I'm excited that you're getting glasses; you definitely deserve them.

Man, I wish I could follow that post with exciting news of my own, but nothing is quite as exciting as getting glasses. I should probably be using a thesaurus right now -- exciting, exciting, exciting.

Here's something exciting: band camp starts next week! We have a couple of short rehearsals this week, but then Monday through Friday of next week, we'll be partying all day. "Partying" in this context means marching, rehearsing, eating, and icebreakering.

Our marching show this year is called . . . I can use as many ellipses as I want without using up any words . . .

. . .

. . .

. . . A Touch of Bublé!

So that's exciting. Here's just one of the exciting songs we'll be playing this year:


Max, I'm going to tell you a secret. Just . . . occasionally, last year, I kind of wished you could have, you know, "shadowed" me in band and AP music theory. I mean, no teacher would go for that, but it was always a secret desire of mine because I'm not sure how many instruments you can actually identify. Also, it's hard to explain music theory to somebody (as you probably realize) and it would have been interesting to have you sitting in that class. Just once!

Have fun getting ready for your secret mission, Max.

2 comments:

  1. [affirmation with well-timed pop culture reference and/or inside joke]

    also, [clever observation of some kind].

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should ask kohls if you could perform there. i swear i cant enter the store w/o hearing some buble. the customers would go crazyyy for it!

    ReplyDelete