Friday, July 8, 2011

Act Naturally - The Beatles

Bryan, I really hope your post yesterday was just a joke.  You realize you used fifteen contractions in a post entitled “I hate Contractions?”  <Expletive>, you used three of them in your first sentence!

Bryan, I would like to inform you of the newest sensation sweeping the cyber nation.  It goes by the name of planking.  No, it is not some wild form of coitus, but is in fact a fun for the whole family!

Got a family game night coming up?  Well look no further!  Planking can be played anywhere.  Yes, it can even be played in your own dining hall home to the fine China of your ancient ancestors held in a newly bought cabinet that is far too large and heavy to move.

This game is so much fun, you do not understand.  All you have to do is find a random location where you can… well, plank!  The goal is simple; find the best planking position without getting yourself killed.

Once you find your ideal location, lie face down and put your hands to side of you.  Then, have a colleague take your photograph and publish it onto the internet for the world to see!  Please note, public locations make this even more fun along with finding as many people as possible to help you in your picture!

As a novice, I decided to begin my quest to become a professional planker in my house where no one could see me.  My dog decided it looked fun to play with me.  See Bryan, fun for the whole family!  Note: Dogs are not good at planking on command.

 
Now for some history on the wonder that is planking.  Australia coined planking as an official fad in 2011, but boy has this fad lasted the duration!  Leave it to Australia to try to beat out Spain’s Running of the Bulls or England’s annual Spring Bank Holiday (they roll cheese down a hill to see who can catch it first).

Apparently some people call this game pointless, Bryan.  Let me the first to call this just a lazy man’s version of Parkour, another raging fad.

Oh, and did I mention that it requires no batteries and you can play even if you are missing the pieces!  Plus, the way you live your life, you can just have someone take pictures of you as you go about your normal day.

I hope that you and all of our followers will use proper safety precautions and always practice safe planking.  Also, should anyone decide to go through and follow their long dreams of becoming a professional planker with me, please post pictures and never forget the little people.

Until tomorrow Bryan,
Plank on!

1 comment: