Monday, July 4, 2011

Firework - Katy Perry


Hope you all like our attempt at being patriotic!

Happy Fourth of July to all my American friends!  To all of our German and British readers out there, happy day!

Has anyone seen any good fireworks yet?  Here is my favorite firework.  In fact, some may even call it dynamite or grenade-like.


Yes, I will actually be spending this patriotic post talking about Kurt Hugo Schneider, the guy on the guitar to be exact.

Kurt Hugo Schneider will easily rank in the top five of my favorite artists when I get around to making my top one hundred music artists on Facebook.  He mainly does medleys and covers, but when he gets the urge has been known to compose his own songs.  No offense, but his singing is lackluster.  To counter this, he records with other great, unknown singers like Sam Tsui and Dave Days.

Things like this make me wonder.  How was Justin Beaver discovered on Youtube, but this guy is still so unknown in the world of music?  Did Usher search “undiscovered twelve year old boys who sing like girls” when he was trying to find a new person to train?  Why not just type in “David after Dentist?”  At least that video has some replay value.

Okay, back on topic.  Kurt (that is an odd name) also has a recurring war with Jake Bruene.  They basically play songs no one has ever heard of on equally bizarre instruments such as an Ocarina.  As I type this, I realize that you, Bryan, have actually probably heard of this instrument.

Another great cover was with J Rice when they covered Michael Jackson and Akon’s song Hold My Hand.  J Rice is not really a cover artist seeing that he has his own CD of all his songs, but still does many covers.  I consider his montage of Born this Way to be J Rice’s epitome of awesomeness.

This has turned into a who’s who of cover artists if you have not noticed.

My last on this list will be Tyler Ward who I thought performed something with Kurt, but I cannot find it.  Anyways, listen to his music.  It is good!

Well, I hope everyone now has a new few artists to for this holiday week.

By the way, I lost the challenge on Banagrams.  More on that later this week, but I will endure my first punishment as a result!

Until tomorrow,
Goodnight.

3 comments:

  1. tyler ward is awesome!! have u seen his cover of "club can't handle me"? i discovered tyler thru the drummer on that song, cobus potgeiter who does freaking amazing drum covers, u should look him up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll watch him today; I'm sure I've seen that song about 1,800 times? I usually just sit there and go through his whole upload list while I'm doing other things (like posts) so it would probably have been seen.

    ReplyDelete