Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thnks fr th mmrs - Fall Out Boy


Howdy to any of my BSU friends who decided to follow this.  Go to the right sidebar to find out about what this blog is!

Oh Bryan, today I contemplate the pros and cons of receiving a punishment in order to sum up fully everything I learned at “The Greatest Workshop on Earth.”

Here is my class!

 
Bryan, that picture is courtesy of BSUCrossroads.com and BSU Crossroads on Facebook (They have a Twitter, but I do not know what that is).

So, I am sure you want to know all the details about them.  Here is everything I learned about my class. 
Bryan, I may be in the top ten in our Roncalli class, but I was probably one of the worst five in that class at InDesign.  Also, after spending a combined 25 hours with these people doing nothing but staring at Macs (get it, they all stared at me… it is punny…), I learned that it is an unbelievably boring program, no matter how fun your class is.

Thank you class, for not allowing me to fall asleep during sessions.

Making your words sideways not only says that you ran out of room to make them horizontal, but also that you wanted to make your paper “modern.”  That is right ,Bryan, I made an entire feature page where everything was diagonal.

When an all girl’s Catholic school from Kansas is brought to Indiana and there is a boy-girl dance, do not be surprised when they all dress Goth to freak out everyone.  It was the greatest thing I have ever seen to see some of the nicest people in the world paint black tears on their face and dance to Sk8er Boi by Avril Lavinge.

Blue Berry muffins make the best stories known to mankind.

There are many fun high school names in Indiana.  I cannot remember any of them, so you will just have to trust me on that one!

Publication Redesign is a great class to take if you want to redesign your publication.  Yes Bryan, I am dead serious.

Do not get mad at random people working in the office before you find out who your teacher is.  Nothing is more awkward than seeing that it is your teacher.

When people complain about how hot their rooms are, do not point out that you woke up shivering because you sleep in one of the few rooms that has air conditioning.

If you are going to show off your group’s Facebook page at the opening session, remember the following tips:  do not misspell your password in front of everyone and turn off the projector to avoid statuses such as “Asian parents are bitches” from coming up.

If you volunteer to be a contestant on “Name that Journalist!” know more than zero journalists.  Luckily, I was the buzzer so someone just had to tap my head and I just had to scream as if I had just seen someone famous.

I have an awkward love of HiLite.  It is Carmel’s newspaper.  I almost fainted when I was talking to someone from their staff.   Is that… bizarre?  No, I actually think that it is quite normal.

It was my first major glasses experience.  When I took them off, I could still see the black lines where the frames should be.

Okay, I am out of words.

2 comments:

  1. It took me an uncomfortable number of seconds to understand "Macs" = "Max." But good pun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know an Indiana school with a fun name: Oldenburg Acadamy of the Immaculate Conception College Prepatory School of the Liberal Arts. That is all on the side of their bus.

    ReplyDelete