Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I Can See Clearly Now - Johnny Nash


Bryan, I see what you mean about putting so much trust into random professionals.  After a “brief” trip to the optometrist and seven pictures of my face turning out blurry, off centered, or just plain wrong, I started to wonder why my person would not just stop talking about our school and just take a good picture!

Now Bryan, you may have noticed that Paige and I talked a lot last year during Pre-Cal or me and Cassie a lot in Chemistry.  I have an excuse!  Previously, I could never read the board because my eyes would blur at that special distance.  This created a lot of strain on my eyes.  The excuse?  Astigmatism.  Apparently, both my eyes suffer from it.

For the scientifically challenged readers, here is a nice diagram of Astigmatism.


Basically, my eyes separate light into separate vertical and horizontal beams, but my eyes struggle to see the vertical strands.  The way I took this:  I struggle to read the difference between “l” and “t,” but I can easily see the difference between “C” and “G.”

To correct my flaw and make me more perfect, I will be wearing glasses.  That is right Bryan.  I will be putting thick black frames with thin layers of “glass” to apparently help me see the vertical strands of light.  I say “glass” because it is not actually glass!  Fun fact:  My glasses have some type of lens that will not scratch or glare as bad.

Enough made up Science for today.  Bryan, because of my secret mission and having a good plan on my topics for next week, I will be taking my Top Ten Tuesday on Friday.  We can call it… well… Zenith Zehn Fritag (Top Ten Friday).

Also Bryan, I began my undertaking of Never Let Me Go.  My goal is to finish by Sunday, but I really do not see that working.  Maybe I will instead just try to be finished by August.  I did finish German!  Go me!

Until tomorrow Bryan,
Tschuss!

1 comment:

  1. I need to get working on that as well =}....

    I've never been to an optometrist.

    ReplyDelete