Monday, August 15, 2011

We are Family - Sister Sledge


Bryan, I do not know where to start with this blog post.

Hello, Bryan.

No, that does not sound right.

Guten Tag.

No, still not good enough.

Howdy partner!

Yes, let’s go with that.

Bryan, I see why you love contractions.  Yesterday, your post was about 635 words, but contractions took you down to 627 words with other media.

Today, I will tell you all the wondrous things I learned at school.

  1. Bryan, this first one is an assumption.  When you find a random quarter at the bottom of your locker at the start of the year, it means either that the entire year can only go downhill or that I am in for a great year.  For the sake of myself, I am going to hope that it is the latter of the two.
  2. I have forgotten all of the German that I had known.
  3. Only at Roncalli can a Furby completely destroy the attention span of seniors.
  4. Okay, not at school, but I just learned that this pasta butter is really gross tasting and kind of makes me want to throw up, but because my dad went through the trouble to make it, I feel obligated to eat it.
  5. My locker is only directly across from yours if you are in a parallel universe and have no sense of a straight line.
  6. I have a new locker buddy from Tennessee.  I finally found out her name, Jennifer.
  7. Microsoft has never had a locker buddy, but it apparently thinks that people should have locker friends.  Spell check is not very good.
  8. The first Rebel Review comes out September 9th, last year the first was an entire two weeks later and we had more people on the staff.  The purpose of this is that I am somewhat nervous.
  9. My schedule is awful in terms of room assignments, but I love every class, teacher and classmate with which I will share my senior year.
  10. The hallways look very funny when there are no signs on any of the lockers.
  11. Today did not appear to be a sun-splashed day.
  12. Sun-splashed is apparently hyphenated, but I am not so sure I can trust spell check anymore.
  13. Driving to school may sound like fun on paper, but it is very stressful.
  14. Reverse is not my friend.
  15. Windshield wipers are very useful when you cannot figure out how to defog your window.
  16. I look Asian in photos now that I have glasses.
  17. Watering a carpet is only good if you make sure that there are no cracks in the floor that could lead to water damage in the room directly beneath it.
  18. I am very excited for senior year.
Until Wednesday, Bryan,
I have my first German project in mind; it is a photo album.

No comments:

Post a Comment