Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - Daft Hands


Bryan, today I am going to pose a question for you that has bugged me for quite awhile.

Why are there no multi-story fast food restaurants?

Think about this Bryan:

What keeps people from eating in a fast food restaurant?  There is no service and there are too many winy little kids.  Not to be discriminatory towards little kids, some are great, but when they do not get the toy that they wanted with their meal… well, you know the tragic conclusion to those stories.

You see Bryan, the concept of a multi-story fast food restaurant came to my mind one day when I got my dinner at White Castle, and I noticed the irony of a castle being so little.

The appeal of a fast food restaurant lies within the speed (you know… fast) at which the customer receives their meal, but because of subpar interiors, few consumers will take the incentive to actual dine within the establishment, but rather prefer to take the meal back home.

Imagine this, you go to any fast food chain of your choice and order your regular meal while sitting down at your table.  Then, at approximately the same speed as a normal drive thru, you will receive your meal, condiments and beverages.

Let’s be completely honest here, Bryan, I find it very awkward to have to push my cup up against a little trigger to get my Coke, because I know that no matter how hard I try, I will not get the lid size right on my first try.  It is like trying to guess whether the restaurant has Coke or Pepsi when you are ordering your drink:  Some guesses will just never be correct.

So why make it two stories?  For one, only “adults” would be allowed on the upper floor so that it would not actually feel like a fast food restaurant.  Anyone over 17, or 12 with parents, would gain the privilege of eating in the upstairs.  Not only does this help people avoid the disturbances some children can create, but it also can help separate you from the smell of grease, the noise of traffic and also the optimistically named “Fun Zone.”

About the “Fun Zone:” If the ceilings are raised for the pure fact that the play gym exceeds the height of the actual dining area, then they should really consider throwing in another story.

Now Bryan, I may sound like this is all for me, but I assure you that this is not.

Inside dining always makes me want more food, which obviously relates with more money.  The restaurant could also even add a storage area in the upstairs area such that the food supplies are not lounging around in the kitchen, which would simply help to streamline the cooking process and speed up the day even better than it is already.

Bryan, this generation needs to realize that fast food should just come faster, but not actually be on the go, though drive thru’s will never be destroyed based on their unbelievable helpfulness.

Until tomorrow Bryan,
I have hunger.

3 comments:

  1. Hey. The last part. I see what you did there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are multi story fast food resaurants in New York City. Now they may not have all the rules and features you proposed, but they do exist. In particular, there is a multi story McDonalds in times square.

    ReplyDelete
  3. many of the fast food places in Europe are also two-story establishments. just sharing. in a place like the midwest where nothing is landlocked, we can afford to spread out and avoid the second story, but in large cities, or landlocked cities, it's more difficult; thus, two stories.

    you're welcome.

    ReplyDelete