Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Max looks like Elton John!

Max wanted me to make a small addition to his Top Ten Tuesday from yesterday. He covered hats, and newspaper hats were on his list, and he wanted to use this picture, but he said something about his computer not functioning correctly, and here it is:


Anecdote time!

A few weeks ago, Abby and I were in charge of Jacob, her three-year-old nephew, for a day. We mostly sat on the couch and watched the same two episodes of Blue's Clues over and over again. One of the episodes was the one where Steve and Blue make newspaper hats at the beginning.

So I was like, "I have a great idea!" and I ran over to the recycling bin and got an old Sports section. I hid behind the couch and made a hat that was far too big for Jacob, and I put it on his head. I think it's accurate to say that he rejected the hat and gave it back to me, but here's the fun part.

I took the hat back and put it on my head, and without (I just heard thunder) any hesitation, Jacob said, "You look like Elton John!" and then kept eating his Goldfish.

Also, this requires an explanation:
"Until tomorrow, Bryan,
This is a senence."
Yes, I made a silly mistake on my first English quiz of the year. Yes, it was on the first question. Yes, I misspelled a word, and yes, that word was "sentence."

However, that's not how I spelled it! I totally had the correct number of letters, consonants, and vowels! "Sentance" is really not that far off; he didn't even take off any points. I mean, I know most people know that I'm not the best speller in the world, but I promise I know how to spell the word "sentence." I was just in kind of a frenzy.

Until tomorrow, Max,
Happy Birthday to John Green!

1 comment:

  1. First sentences are jinxed. One time, I fragmented my first sentence in a timed writing. Stress does funny things. It was very embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete