Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Double Punishment Idea

Ooh, me! I want to try one!

I've kept Max in enough suspense, so here's what I think we should do if we do a double punishment (which the majority of people voted for -- including me, of which I don't think Max is aware).

We should do a book report. Doing a book report first requires reading a book, which Max would already consider a punishment (unless . . . we could do something like Brave New World in your pants, but that's not quite as exciting).

Then, we could do any number of things. We could . . .
  • Act out our favorite parts.
  • Act out our favorite parts . . . with sock puppets.
  • Sing songs about our favorite parts.
  • Sing songs about our favorite parts . . . with sock puppets.
That's all I can think of; I'm open to more suggestions.

Now, I know that I have summer homework to do, and I've only read one chapter of Never Let Me Go and haven't started my second round of German blogs, but I gave myself a new goal today.

I'm working on completing all of the puzzles in today's issue of the Indianapolis Star. It's tough, but I've gotten through the Jumble and the Crossword. Next, I think I'll try to conquer the Cryptoquip. First, let me share with you a few things I've learned:
  • A "wadi" is a dry riverbed. "Waddiwasi" is one of the coolest spells in the Wizarding World.
  • Somebody from Nepal is a "Nepali." Somebody from Berlin is a jelly doughnut.
  • "Ecru" is a color. "Emu" is an animal. Some emus are ecru.

1 comment:

  1. First! >.>

    Also, are those crossword clues? I feel as though the second part of the first bullet point is pretty subjective. =}

    ReplyDelete