Saturday, August 20, 2011

Question Monday on Saturday

Today, when I wasn't sure what I was going to blog about, I decided to take a nap and then blog about my dreams.  I woke up from my nap, remembered my dreams, stood up, and forgot them.  The only thing I remember was that Mr. Verhiley was there, but just saying that wouldn't be a very substantial post.

A presumably unreliable website says that seeing your teacher in a dream suggests a desire for guidance.

Today's Saturday, which means that it's time for another Question Monday!
"Why is it called drum major?"
I have no idea. Sometimes when I tell somebody that I'm a drum major, they say something like, "Oh! I've always wanted to learn how to play the drums." And I have to be like, "Actually, I don't play drums -- I command the band. I don't even think the drumline likes me very much."
"Okay, so tonight the band unleashes their music with “A Touch of Buble” or something to that jazz. See what I did there? It is funny because Jazz is a type of music, to which Buble does not play."
I think I see what you did there. Also, jazz is a type of music, to which Buble does play.
"Will you do your German project with me?"
I thought . . . you were going to do a photo album. Also, I was planning on writing a song to sing. I think we should do separate projects, and then maybe you can do an interpretive dance to my project.
"Do smileys count as words?"
Eh, I guess not. Don't go overboard.

All right, that's all of the Max questions. Let's move on.
"If you had a pony, what would you name it?"
Horse, for irony's sake. Except for its butt -- I would name its butt "Trumpet."
"Would you rather have a unicorn or a Pegasus?"
A Pegasus. Like Hank Green said, "You can ride a unicorn and it’s just a fricking horse. It’s like, would you rather have a horse or a flying horse?"

Until tomorrow, Max,
Have a great apple and sandwich!

1 comment:

  1. The “Drum Major” was the non-commissioned officer commanding a regiment’s drum corps, “Major” in this instance being a shortening of “Sergeant Major.” The earliest instance of the term “drum major” found in print so far dates back to 1598, but, if one believes Wikipedia, the position was not formally established until 1650 in the British Army.

    -http://www.word-detective.com/2009/03/10/drum-major/

    ReplyDelete