Saturday, August 13, 2011

Momma Mia - Abba


Hello Bryan, lovely poetry yesterday!

Bryan, on this thirteenth day of August, it is with gratitude that I say happy birthday to my mother!

You may have seen my Facebook status yesterday about my printer being dead so I had to draw, with crayons, my mother’s birthday card.

Bryan, I may have gotten an A in art, but I cannot draw with crayons.  I am a pastels guy.

I only have one thing left to do before tonight's deadline -- my last German blog -- and I've already planned it all out, so I'm giving myself a little break right now. Also, I'm pretty sure I just opened a lot of doors for Max to brag about how he's been finished for a few days, now. Oops.

Bryan, I found this funny.  We both know that I do not need you to open the door for me to brag about how I did something better than you.  Yes, Bryan, I am relating the speed of completion with the quality of work.
Time to go all-nostalgic on you Bryan.

In about two and a half months, we will return to school as seniors. I actually have one final proposal in this blog post -- that as seniors, rather than taking the easy route of glorifying ourselves, we focus instead on being welcoming leaders and role models at Roncalli. Maybe I’ll devote a future post to this topic.

Bryan, this is from the first ever post on TPA.  You know, the one where “TPA” became a legal initialism?
Yes, Bryan, the day we have been awaiting for three glorious years is already upon us.  The time has flown far too fast, but I have enjoyed every step of the way.  I found that sentence quite humorous.  If time has flown, then how was I stepping?

This is our moment, Bryan, to lead the school.  Okay, so probably not the school, but the German club for sure.  Then you of course have the band to co-lead, while I have the newspaper to co-edit.

It will feel odd driving into the Roncalli parking lot for the first time as a senior, then walking down the illustrious middle hallway, knowing that my locker is there, but not actually remembering my combination.

Speaking of being a senior, guess who got a Whoopee Cushion yesterday?  This kid.

Bryan, throughout our senior year, we should make it our goal to not look forward to the weeks ahead, but rather embrace the time we have at Roncalli.  We only have one hundred and eighty, or so, days left at that school, and many of those will most certainly be spent outside of class or thinking about college.

I suppose I should get to the poll results Bryan.

Beyond any comprehension of the mind, Bryan, the poll was  split ten to ten in terms of cheese to chocolate respectively.

Bryan, I look forward to knowing your answer, but we all know I am a cheesy person.

Until Monday, Bryan,
Enjoy your time without summer work.

Edit:  Cheese got an eleventh vote before I changed the poll.

2 comments: