Monday, August 8, 2011

Five of My Favorite Movies

As the "cheese or chocolate" debate continues, I'm going to take a break from the feud and talk about something else. It's opportune that the day I decided to blog about this falls on a Monday -- that's right, today is one of my infamous Top Four Mondays (that aren't actually infamous because they've never happened before and probably will never happen agaaaaaiiin)!

Something interesting happened today. I was doing a lot of homework blogs, and as I was reading Never Let Me Go, I had music playing in the background. Beethoven's seventh symphony came on, and when I heard the second movement, I really wanted to watch The King's Speech.

THEN, after that, I was looking for a German article I could blog about, and I found one that looked fairly reasonable to read, and it was about a teenager in Germany who stutters. I didn't make the connection until after I was finished reading, and then I figured it was destined for me to watch The King's Speech today, so I did.

THEN, I wanted to blog about it, but not everybody wants to hear me talk about one movie for 628 words. What everyone does want to hear me talk about is four movies for 628 words! Subject-verb agreement is killing me.

These are my top four movies in nooo particular order:

1. The King's Speech: The most recent of my favorite movies, this film had a huge influence on me when I saw it last year. It's about finding one's voice, no matter what obstacles try to prevent that.


2. The Harry Potter series: I watched the first movie when it came out in second grade without reading any of the books, and then I got it on DVD, and I watched it over and over again. Every. Day. For probably a year. And now Erin hates it. But it's definitely a series that's influenced, you know, my entire childhood.


3. Rain Man: If you want to be one of those people who understands everyone's pop culture references, this is a very important movie to watch. Today, I watched an episode of Whose Line is it Anyway? featuring Colin Mochrie playing Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man. I'm an excellent driver.


4. The Sound of Music: One time, my mom told me that I always compare every movie to The Sound of Music when I try to judge them. Which miiight be true a little bit.


These pretzels are making me thirsty.

2 comments: