Monday, June 6, 2011

You've Got a Friend in Me - Randy Newman

There was not really a well known song to go with this post, but everyone loves Toy Story so I decided it was probably pretty well known.
Blog News:
The last forty-eight hours have been on this blog.  For one, we hit our tenth blog post yesterday with Bryan’s “Negative Reviews…”  Nothing is better than having your tenth post published electronically because the actual poster was “very, um, busy.”
Next, our blog has apparently sky rocketed in popularity.  Before my last post, we had a whopping 960 views.  Over the past two days, we not only broke the millennium, but also gained a century for a total of exactly 1,100 page views!  Thank you to everyone who reads this daily.  Be sure to tell your friends about us also!
We hit forty followers, though I personally know we have other readers who just have not followed us.  I challenge our readers to spread the word to get us to fifty followers by my post on Friday!  If you manage to do this, then I have a very special post in mind that I might put in the effort.
The poll is very disappointing.  I am failing!  Anyways, I really hope we get more than thirteen voters, even if I just end up losing by more than the current five-vote difference.  If you wish, comment below as to why you voted the way you did!
Note:  To follow us, you only need a Yahoo or Gmail account.  Not having a blog of your own is not an issue.  Just go to the right side bar and hit “Follow.”  From here, you just have to follow a few quick steps and you are done!  Be sure to add a picture to your page so we can see your smiling faces.
Lastly, it was pointed out that I forgot to answer the question posed to me in Bryan’s post about Jazz.  I believe the time signature is six, but I actually have no clue what a time signature is or even if the answer should be a number.
A Dilemma:
I would like to respond to the comments, but whenever I press “view blog,” Blogspot logs me out such that I am unable to post a comment on the posts.  If anyone is able to help me with this issue, then you may just be the greatest person alive – emphasis on the word “may.”
I realize the below song has some lyrical errors, but I did not make it nor do I own the song.  Full credit goes to the Beatles and the creator of this video whose name and whatnot are unknown.

7 comments:

  1. The time signature from Take Five is 5/4, by the way. Now we all know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the percentages for the poll are currently at 64% and 35%.

    ReplyDelete
  3. C'mon, Smackers, the fact that the name of the song was "Take Five" should've been a hint that it was 5/4

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ilikethatsooooong. Both of the ones.

    in the post.

    space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just so you know, I don't know who I voted for... one of you had 3 votes and the other had 4 when I voted, so I voted for whoever had 3 so that you both had four.

    that's okay, right?

    (p.s. I think it was you, but don't hold me to that.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's dead even at 12 right now, so I don't really want to vote lest I hurt someone's feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 6 bahhhaaaaaa. oh max. but i do like The Beatles so you get some respect points there :)

    ReplyDelete