Saturday, June 25, 2011

Back Home Agaaaiiin!

Good evening, Max. I have a computer on my lap, an orange wristband on my left arm . . . wait. There is not an orange wristband on my left arm. That must mean . . . yes! I'm back in Indianapolis!

Um, the title . . . I never really left Indiana.

Bryan's guide to important acronyms:

MFA: Music for All, the huge music camp I went to last week (and also last year)
DMA: Drum Major Academy, the track of MFA I did last year (I did jazz band this year)
GNP: George N. Parks, the illustrious founder of DMA who passed away a few months after camp last year
DCI: Drum Corps International, who I saw perform both this year and last year

I'm not sure why I made that list, but I hope it gives you a general idea of some of the things I did this past week. Um, I'm just going to ramble a little bit.

There's a bird in Abby's basement.

Both times I saw DCI, the Madison Scouts was my favorite corps. I would reword that sentence to help with subject/verb agreement, but I don't have very much time! Just so you know.

The reason that I liked them last year was because of their hats.


They grew on me even more this year because their show was "New York Morning," and their color guard wore grey business suits and carried the New York Times. I mean, how could it be better than that? They got third, so I guess technically it could have been better.

This will be the second Saturday of TPA in which the poster actually remembers to start a new poll without editing his post!

I notice that one other person will be joining me in Kyrgyzstan when I visit, so that's nice! Canada and Australia tied for the top countries from which people will view our blog. There were Australians at MFA; they tried to make people eat Vegemite. Spain was close behind those two countries.

To kick off the next poll, I present you with a picture of Richard Harris's shining moment:


"Alas, earwax!"

All right, I'm interested to know who everyone's favorite Dumbledore is. Well, originally, it was Abby who wanted to know, but I do, too. Max, since you haven't seen the movies, I have a separate option specifically for you.

Aaand by the time of my next post, I will be starting the jazz camp at U of I. Jazz!

4 comments:

  1. Park and play!

    I think some of those are maybe initialisms. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I removed my post because I had another comment to add to it...

    Boo, Michael Gambon is way better. Richard Harris is too stuffy.

    Also, who won this year's DCI competition, out of curiosity?

    ReplyDelete