Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Facebook Stalking - Straight No Chaser

In this post, I will reflect on my top 10 reasons that I love Facebook.

10) Poking - In a world of Facebook, people are free to poke each other without worrying about getting hit back or having other people think they are wierd.  I, for one, have been having a poke war with Mookie and Ben for six months now and very few people would know about it.  This is a quick message to Paige - you had better still be poking them!

9) Procrastination - So, I as an Advanced Procrastination Placement (AP) student, I am prone to using any and every form known to mankind.  Basically, texting is all fine and dandy, but it can be confusing talking to too many people through a phone, whereas, on Facebook, it is easy to keep conversations with up to eight people at the same time, much more than that and it is difficult.

8) Farmville - Without Facebook, how else would I learn about the wonderful world of farming?  Also, I can own a pig and not even have to smell it!  Greatest.  Invention.  Ever.

7) Status Updates - Moreover, other people's status updates.  I really enjoy knowing that my friends have a life outside of me.  I mean, I never would have guess that you have school, then practice, then work, then dinner, then sleep!  Golly, I wish I was as cool as you dude!

6) Online Predators - Nothing is better than knowing that you have so many security settings set to "friends only" that not even your older brother could find out you have a Facebook!  Note: This clearly is not my own example because me and the aforementioned brother are clearly Facebook friends.

5) Notifications - Feeling loved has never been more evident than when you log on to see that your friends have decided to like every status, comment and photo I possess giving you approximately 100.5 notifications on the over-under.

4) Friends - Something about being friends with people who you never talk to, but you might have seen them once or twice around school, or maybe you went to school with them for the past twelve years, but none-the-less, sometimes it is fun to talk to people who you would never get caught talking to someone in person where people would see you.

3) Events - I love being invited to events about forgetting cell phone numbers and breaking world records for "attending" some hypothetical events.  Oh, and clicking the "maybe" button when I completely know I will not attend someone's party is more fun than... Spongebob.

2) Like - Not only can I like something, I can like like it by simply commenting on it and liking the status.

1) Facebook Stalking - Looking at every photo of a friend, along with the statuses from the past year and maybe the majority of the their comments can be both fun and informative.  I do not find it creepy to look at the information which you clearly put up for other people to read, then relay the information back to you as if you had no intent of anyone doing that to you.

Bryan, that concludes the first of what I will call "Top Ten Tuesdays," which will always succede your aforementioned Question Mondays.

P.S. - The song in the title is actually a very well done song!

4 comments:

  1. I believe there should be a punishment for the comma splice in the last sentence in #9 and the change from second person to first person point of view in #5.

    That sounded harsh. Sorry.

    Also, of course it's well done, Straight No Chaser is the best a cappella group out there. Excellent choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave up Farm Town for Lent, and I haven't played it since. I have been tempted many-a-time, especially that time I got the email notification about all the new features, but I'm quite proud of my resistance thus far =D. So. Addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you just have the one game with the ice cream shop I saw you playing =D.

    ReplyDelete