Monday, June 27, 2011

Music Bryan Likes

It's really early, Max. I feel like I'm staring into the sun as I'm looking at the computer screen. For the next few posts, I'm going to try really hard not to talk about (deep breath) the H word. Since my list last week was a generic "five things I like" list, whereas your list was a "top five," I want to add something that probably would have been on my top five list (and was on yours, too). Music!

Most people probably know that my tastes in music are not conventional. There's a word for that. Unconventional. So here are just a few genres I enjoy.

Since I'm between jazz camps right now, I'll start with jazz! I'm actually being serious when I say that I like jazz because of the humanity in it. Max, here's a song that I think you'll enjoy -- Dave Brubeck's version of "Hi Ho" from Snow White. It's not exactly a jazz classic, but . . . here!


I also like really, really old music. Especially from the classical and romantic eras. For an entirely random example, I love Brahms. Max, I think you'll recognize this song!


I do like some songs that are popular on the radio. However, I always feel like it's easier to make fun of songs by Katy Perry and Ke$ha than it is to enjoy them legitimately. All in all, I'm sometimes open to listening to new music. My sister would probably disagree. Just remember that what I listen to now includes people like Tom Lehrer, Hank Green, and the Mountain Goats.

Until tomorrow, Max!

2 comments:

  1. Well y'know, the Mountain Goats will cure your Bieber fever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always mean to listen to the Mountain Goats.

    Brahms writes for babies.

    And I am glad you can hear the humanity!

    ReplyDelete