Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Somewhere Beyond the Sea - Bobby Darin

Blog news:
Bryan, as Matthew said, the answer to your question is: “Who would the other person say has more apples?”  You then go with the opposite person.
Next, the two new gadgets I think spice things up.  I am fine with the “cloud” format for labels, but I get to keep the view count at the top.
Do not forget my challenge to you guys my loyal readers!  You have two days to get us seven more followers if you want my awesome post to come on Friday.
In addition, Bryan, I was talking with Ben and Jacob and we have reprimanded an amendment to our first blog rules.  From now on, you actually have to publish the post the day of so no more of your typing up the day before and auto-posting, unless you tell us in advance you are going to be doing it.  If you fail to do this, then I am allowed to edit your post, and yes I can do this; I checked.
Summer Events:
This week, I have celebrated the departure of a few people who will be studying overseas this year.  Maybe some of them will meet those few Germans who have read this blog!
To everyone studying abroad this summer, I wish you luck.  I hope that you bring back great memories to share.  I know that you will come back more confident people.  Whether living on a farm, a bakery, or just a normal neighborhood house, I hope that your experience challenges you to embrace your new environment and become stronger people as a whole.
While you wear your Lederhosen and dance the polka in Germany, I hope that you do not worry about people judge you – come on, your foreign language speaking skills will not be great – I also hope that you do not give up when the times are tougher.
Take a picture, eat French Fries and say a prayer.  The greatest experience of your life thus far is approaching and you only have six and a half weeks to enjoy it.  Make every moment count and do not be caught in the state of boredom.
When you need a boost, take your one hour a week of English to check back in on this blog and write something to your family.  Not everyone was suited for this opportunity, but you have all taken a leap of faith outside of your comfort zone.  What you see over in your host country will be foreign to you – no pun intended – but get past that and you will succeed.
Finally, I ask that you do not forget the morals you have to which you have become accustomed.  Do not put your elbows on the table while you eat, say, “Hola!” to people you know, and do not look at people funny when they trip.  You do not want to go over to your destination to be labeled as the random American high school student who never should have left their hometown.
For everyone studying overseas, until six weeks from now.
For Bryan and all of our other readers, until Friday.
Auf Wiedersehen.  Avior.  Adios.  Goodbye.

3 comments:

  1. au revoir*

    also, this is very nicely written. I would like to have read this before my trip last summer. it makes me sad and excited and nostalgic all at the same time. =]

    props.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate, but to be honest; I almost had Aloha as the Spanish goodbye.

    So everyone who cannot post comments knows - you cannot press the aptly named "stay logged in" button, it logs you out when you click view blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dig the song in the song title. =D

    Also as of a few minutes ago, it was 12-12 in the poll and I put Bryan up one to 13. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete